Tuesday, June 24, 2008


This afternoon the girls kept telling me that they were bored, and couldn't find anything to do or watch or play(you get the picture). So I put them to work scrubbing the grout in the kitchen. I told the girls to go and get their tooth brushes and start scrubbing the floor. The look on their faces was priceless. Then Candace finally asked if she had to brush her teeth with the tooth brush again. I of course wanted to say yes, but I controlled myself and told them that I would give them new ones. I LOVE my tile floors but I HATE grout. They then told me that working together as a family like this was fun. I do believe that those were the wrong words to say. I will remind them of this every time that they give me a hard time and don't want to do chores. When Jared was done on the computer he even got on the floor and scrubbed for a little bit. We got about 1/3 of the floor done, and I told the girls that they had better get the whole floor done by Friday when Aunt Kerry picks them up for a sleep over. Yep, Jared and I will be alone for almost 24hours. I am just as excited as the girls are.

0 Comments: