Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Yea Me!

I have got to be the happiest woman in the world right now. In my 12 years of marriage I have never been able to get dough to rise to make bread or rolls.(I would make rolls and bread, but they would never rise, I finally just used my bread machine to make dough!) I even read cook books, went online to try and find some tricks on how to make dough rise, I could never figure it out. Until yesterday! YEA ME! I came across this bread recipe in Sister Savings, I thought what the heck I'll try it. Thinking for sure that it wouldn't work. WOW! It worked! I now wish that I had taken pictures of the whole process, proofing, kneading, before the dough rose, etc. But oh well, what am I to do. I am just so happy that it worked. I made this recipe with all purpose flour. The next time I try I am going to try using 1/2 all purpose flour and 1/2 fresh ground wheat. I'll let you know how it turns out.
The dough when I discovered that it was actually rising!
When I started to form rolls!
My loaf of bread!
Rolls and bread done and beautiful!

Click to play Bread recipe!
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

2 Comments:

Diana said...

Congratulations!!! I know that is a great feeling when it actually works. I will have to ask my mom, but I think there is something different you have to do when you use the wheat. It is heavier so I am not sure the ratio of white to wheat.
I made some rolls years ago that did not work!!! I went ahead and took them to the family dinner at Den & Cone's. I had already decided to throw them away but nobody would let me. I went in the other room to nurse Ansley and I could hear my Mom telling everyone (not so quietly) to not say anything about the rolls cause I was already disappointed. I yelled out, "I CAN HEAR YOU!!!" It was pretty funny!
Sorry that was so long. Now I think I will make some bread tomorrow.

Shel said...

YAY for you!! What a great feeling huh! And it looks sooo yummy too!! I am soo glad you have written me...fun to keep up with you guys this way...I love your family...so this makes it extra fun to keep in touch with you guys!! I cant believe your fire adventure recently....never a dull moment at the Lee house!! :) XOXOX