Thursday, May 8, 2008

HELP! FIRE!




We have had an interesting morning! Our next door neighbors house to the east of us caught FIRE! Yep, you heard me right! Caught FIRE! The family that was living there had just moved out and the owner of the home was having work done on it to fix it up so he could sell it. Well, the plumber was working in the house today and saudering some pipes, and poof, up in flames it went. I don't think that it helped that the water had been turned off to the house. Let me start at the begining. Jared had just gone to bed after working all night. I had just laid Dylan down about 1/2 hour earlier. The plumber scared me when he started pounding on the door and yelling call 911. So I did, and went outside to find out what was going on so I could tell the dispatcher. When she asked what the emergency was I told her that the house next door was on FIRE, she asked if anyone was in the house I told her no. So she transfered me to Phoenix Fire Department. When I got off of the phone with them I could hear the Fire trucks. But the thing that drove me nuts is that the plumber kept running back into the house to retrieve his tools, and I couldn't keep him out, so I had to wake Jared up to help me keep him out of the house. So Jared went running out of the bedroom and I had to tell him to put clothes on. When we got back out there the plumber comes stumbling out of the house again. The fire men showed up all 8 or 9 trucks, there was even a Ladder truck parked down the street. The police blocked off our street so you couldn't travel down it. What a fun morning. The Fire men had to ripe a big hole in the roof of the house also. The funniest part was that the plumber took his magnetic plumbing signs off of his truck. Kudo's to the Glendale and Phoenix Fire department they did a great job containing the fire and putting it out. The owner of the home stopped and talked to us and said that the out side wall wasn't damaged at all (because it is brick) but that they ripped out every ceiling in the house ripped out a couple of walls and will have to replace the roof of the home. What an interesting day.


0 Comments: