Friday, May 30, 2008

Jared is off to Scout Camp!

It's official, he has finally left for Scout Camp! Excuse me I mean "Duty to God Encampment". Jared has put allot of work into camp this year. They had asked him to do the Rifle, Shotgun, Archery and Aviation merit badges for camp this year. And of course he said yes. He has a hard time saying no when it comes to the Boy Scouts. So long story short, Jared did some delegating. He asked his father to take care of Aviation, Shawn Bryant to take care of Archery and Leroy Simmons to take care of either Rifle or Shotgun (I can't remember)[Thanks Guys!]. This last month has been very busy getting Jared ready to go. He had to take a NRA course so he could teach his class. Then he had to take an online Range Safety Officer course, so that they could be legal up at camp. Then he and Shawn went and took an Archery course so that they could check out Archery equipment. I am so glad that this is almost over. I am so glad that Jared has a wonderful job so that he can be involved with the Scouting program. I know that he really enjoys this. We Love Ya, and we will Miss Ya. Have fun and stay safe.

0 Comments: