Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Funny Story!

I wanted to post about this yesterday but I forgot about it when I saw that the price of fuel was cheaper. So here I am posting the funny story a day late.

Friday morning the girls and I were helping Jared to pack the trailer so that he could go on a guys trip to the Cinders. When he found out that most of the Dad's were taking at least one of their children he asked Breanna and Amber if they wanted to go. (He asked them because they are older and can pretty much take care of themselves.) They of course said yes and instantly started packing, and Candace and Jodi instantly started crying. When I was walking through the house I overheard Candace telling Megan, (daughter of John Armstrong, and one of the girls going) that it wasn't fair, because Breanna and Amber get to spend time with the fun parent, and that her and Jodi HAVE to spend time with the parent that isn't fun. I heard her say that Daddy is the one that they have fun with, and Mommy is the one who makes them do their chores, take their vitamins and eat healthy, and that they didn't want to do any of that. So Jared promised them that while he was gone that they didn't have to do any chores. I was laughing so hard because it sounded so cute coming from Candace. But after they left I started thinking that maybe I need to be a little more fun. So I am trying not to always be the "Meanest Mom on the Block" as my girls have told me before.

2 Comments:

Alli said...

So what's your plan? Are you guys going to show up at church tomorrow with purple hair or maybe you could all go get tattoos? Well, good luck, I know you'll think of something super fun. . .

Shel said...

That is hilarious!! I hear ya! Parker was grounded and his mom wouldnt let him come to be with her because it is "Fun" and a "privilege to be with her"...sooo he had to stay here with me!! I am a great punishment! I am sooo on your side! :)