Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Funny that I just have to Share!

We had just gotten home from school, I was checking emails and the girls were cleaning out their backpacks for the day, and doing homework, our normal routine after school. I received a phone call during this time from Sister Resendez, the Primary secretary asking me if I thought if Amber would like to give a talk in Primary on Sunday. I of course told her that it would not be a problem and that Amber would LOVE to give a talk. (I this whole time thought that Amber was standing right next to me listening to the conversation.) About 15 to 20 minutes later I looked at Amber and said to her that she has been asked to give a talk on Sunday and that I told them that she would love to. At this point her face went completely white! I thought that she was going to pass out. She then looks at me and very politly states that she didn't think that she could give a talk in Church on Sunday, because she was scared, and that she had never done anything like this before. (Keep in mind, she is our 9 year old.) I must have had a very puzzled look on my face, because she asked me "Why are looking at me that way?". I then asked her what do you mean that you are scared, and you don't think you can give a talk in Primary? Then as quickly as the color left it was back, she looked at me and said "Oh Thank Goodness, I thought you meant Sacrament Meeting." She then said that in Sacrament Meeting she can only do her 5 sentence part in the Primary program, and that she doesn't want to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting because she isn't old yet. I sure do LOVE my girls.

3 Comments:

Alli said...

Classic! Great story Alyssa!

Sharla said...

That was really cute! I can imagine a kid getting confused... poor thing thought she was really going to speak in sacrament meeting :)!

Machelle said...

My poor Amber, I bet she was a little sick to her stomach too. HAHAHA. This good stuff. Tell I think she is fabulous and will do an outstanding job!!!