Friday, February 27, 2009

Tea at the White House!

I got to have Tea (cookies and juice) with some very famous people today. I was privileged enough to be invited to go to the White House (Candace's classroom). I met Abraham Lincoln, Helen Keller, Thomas Jefferson, Orville Wright just to name a few. My favorite part of this wonderful event was when I got to meet Florence Nightingale (aka Candace). Mrs. Maldonado did a great job with this program. The children were to choose a famous person in history and read a biography on them, then turn into that person for the Tea at the White House. The invited guest (parents) got to go around the room and meet these wonderful and influential people. Enjoy the video of Candace answering all of her questions.

5 Comments:

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

What a fun idea for history class! Your girls are so great!! Take care

Alli said...

That is so cute! She looks excited about her part and she did a great job :)

Machelle said...

That is the cutest idea I have ever seen. I love it, she did a fabulous job.

Diana said...

Great job Candace!!!

The Cutest Allens Ever! said...

K, I know I keep saying it, but once again I love your grils!! She did a great job. and I can tell you are one proud mother. You have done a wonderful job with your girls. I hope I can do the same with my kids.:)