Thursday, June 23, 2011

Girls Camp 2011...

according to Amber.  I still haven't taken her cameras in to be developed, but she was asked to speak on Father's Day about girls camp,  so I am sharing her talk with you:

Good morning brother’s and sister’s my name is Amber Lee, and yes I was the shortest girl at Girls Camp. This year the theme was Hearts and Souls Under Construction. We were challenged to read the Book of Mormon before Girls Camp. I was able to finish the Book of Mormon before camp. When I finished the Book of Mormon I then knelt down in prayer to find out for myself whether the scriptures and the church is true, and I now know for myself that they are true. Well, I can honestly say that Girls Camp was not what I expected it to be. I thought that I would have more classes and that they would be harder than what they were. Also, I didn’t think we had to do chores, but we did, we had to do dishes, set tables, and clean the bathroom. At least it wasn’t what my dad had to do. Whenever there was a problem with the toilets my dad got to fix them and he was real busy on Sunday. So the day of rest was no day of rest for him. Another experience I had at camp was I was able to make new friends. I was able to learn a lot about people. Like, what ward they were in, what they liked about Girls Camp so far, and what they were interested in. During Testimony meeting when my sister Breanna went to bare her Testimony my friend Ashley was sitting next to me but I also felt as if someone else was sitting next to me. The Spirit was real strong and it reassured me that the Scriptures and Gospel are true. Some of my favorite classes are archery, craft, and dance. In dance you basically learn a little dance. The song we danced to was Kids of America. In craft we made necklaces. You take a scrabble letter and some scrap booking paper. You then cut the scrap booking paper to the size of the scrabble piece and you glue it on the back. Then you take ribbon and tie it and it’s a necklace. In archery you shoot bows. I liked archery the most because my dad was the teacher also because I just like it. For my first year at camp I got to be up there with my dad and sister. It was okay but I would of liked my mom to be up there too. I had an amazing time with my dad and sister. Before Girls Camp I was afraid I was going to go hungry because I am a very picky eater. I ate everything that they served my mom was surprised. They even made my favorite food Navajo Tacos they didn’t quite taste like my moms but they were still good. So my first year at Girls Camp was over the top, and I am looking forward to more experiences throughout my years at camp.

Amber did such a great job with her talk.  She was real nervous, and she talked fast.  I am so pleased to be her Mom.  I Love You Amber!

2 Comments:

Katy B. said...

I love it! So glad she had such a good time at Girls Camp. :)

Anonymous said...

. . . . . . . . . .